SELLER: Tyler Perry
LOCATION: 20140 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA
SIZE: 2,517 square feet, 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms
DESCRIPTION: Refined and tasteful beach front contemporary designed to entertain or simply to enjoy. On approximately 61 ft. of beach frontage, this open floor plan lends itself to capture the Malibu lifestyle. Walls of sliding glass doors throughout, den/3rd bedroom, expansive patios, custom finishes, covered over-sized 1-car garage & additional 3 parking spaces, innovative entertainment features throughout; custom remote window treatments & state-of-art security system make this a rare find.
YOUR MAMAS NOTES: Hi babies. Your Mama is going to bring you the Malee-boo beach house of Mister Tyler Perry here. Perhaps you’ve seen it written up on one of the many other websites it’s been featured or even seen it discussed on the boob tube. Listing agent Madison Hildebrand, one of Malibu’s young gun uber agents, has done a stellar job of getting everyone to write about this celebrity house. Maddie even wrote about the place on his own blog called Inside Bu.
Mister Perry, who made mountains of money writing plays, making movies, and dressing up like a saggy boobed sassy old lady named Madea, lives primarily on a large estate outside Atlanta, and apparently he’s selling this ocean front getaway because he’s not able to use the place much. Pity.
The location of the house has the benefit of being very close-in, making getting into Santa Monica and other parts east simple and relatively painless. The drawback is that this section of Malee-bee doesn’t offer wide sandy beaches for all the sun bunnies. Gorgeous and dramatic, but this house sits right up on the angry Pacific without much in the way of a sandy buffer. Imagine what the flood and hazard insurance is here children.
Here’s what we like:
1. The fortress like facade. Remember, this house sits right on busy and loud P.C.H., so the lack of windows helps keep the noise down. Plus it says, “Keep Out” in a loud but still attractive way.
1. Parking for four cars. This is very important in the hostile and tight parking market of a summer weekend in Malee-boo.
2. The ocean side decks. Generous outdoor spaces help make up for the lack of a nice sandy beach on which to bake in the sun. If Your Mamas bitches Linda and Beverly could talk, they would tell us they would like to stretch out their long dachshund bodies across that bed on the upper deck.
3. Glass walls. We appreciate the floor to ceiling sliders that allow the outside to come inside.
Here’s what we don’t like:
1. The bedroom decor. This looks to us like a themed hotel room in a Las Vegas.
2. The master bathroom. We are quite certain all that coral colored marble shit cost someone and arm and a leg, but we think it’s ugly. And the Italian pottery on the tub deck is just silly. Perry’s decorator should be flogged for this mistake.
3. The wee kitchen. We like the simple cabinetry, the SubZero, and the Thermador stove top, but we do wish the room was a little bigger.
We received an email today from Maddie who tells us the house has gone to contract. Congratulations to everyone. However, he won’t tell Your Mama when the place is closing, what price it’s selling for, or who is purchasing the place. Maddie can be such a tease.
Source: Inside Bu